RE check_oracle does not work

frank.bourdeau at dga.defense.gouv.fr frank.bourdeau at dga.defense.gouv.fr
Fri May 23 15:55:35 CEST 2008

Hi,

In your service definition, yuou have forgotten the "!"  between the 2
parameters
 check_command               check_oracle!--db!playdb1

Try it with it

Frank
[ENVOYE PAR INTERNET]

asam30 at gmail.com
Envoyé par : nagios-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net
23/05/2008 08:44

nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
cc

Objet
[Nagios-users] check_oracle does not work

Hello,

I was trying t monitor check_oracle plug in via nrpe daemon and
unsuccessful. I had a problem of "No TNS listener message" on my nagios
console. Now I am trying to monitor without the nrpe deamon. just simply
using nagios plug in check_oracle

commands.cfg has,

define command{
command_name check_oracle
command_line $USER1$/check_oracle $ARG1$ $ARG2$
}
services.cfg has,

define service{
        host_name !somemachine1,!sommachine2,somemachine3
        hostgroup_name                  pay-db,mspl-db
        service_description             ORACLE SID
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        check_interval                  3
        retry_interval                  3
        max_check_attempts              3
        notification_interval           4
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        check_command               check_oracle!--db playdb1
        contact_groups                  admins
        }
oracle server is runnng on somemachine3 with the SID playdb1. If I log
into remote machine and execute,

[nagios at rsomemachine3 libexec]$ ./check_oracle --db playdb1
playdb1 OK - 1 PMON process(es) running

but from nagios machine,

[nagios at lnxtestsrv1 libexec]$ ./check_oracle --db playdb1
playdb1 Database is DOWN
[nagios at lnxtestsrv1 libexec]$ ./check_oracle --tns playdb1
Cannot determine ORACLE_HOME for sid playdb1

I have set the proper ORACLE_HOME, ORACLE_SID , PATH variable both on
nagios and remote machine well. I aslo enter paramters into tnsnames.ora
on remote machine (where oracle is running) for nagios user.

But the problem still persists,

can you someone please help in this?

Thanks
-