send_nsca

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Fri May 23 10:45:39 CEST 2008

Nair wrote:

> Can some one please help me in integrating send_nsca command with my
> Perl script for passive monitoring system.
>
> Say how can we integrate plugin output without writing to any file and
> then piping thru send_nsca.
>
> Thank you,
> Nair

Don't waste your time Nair, I've written a generic nsca_wrapper which
will turn any plugin into a passive service check by just putting
nsca_wrapper in front of the plugin. You still need to have set up nsca
of course, but this means that you do not have to write any scripts for
passive service checks, just run it straight after nsca_wrapper with a
couple of switches.

By the time you do your second passive service check, you start
thinking, "Hang on, this is a waste of time, I don't want to have to put
in any effort to just set up another passive check". Enter NSCA_Wrapper:

http://www.nagiosexchange.org/cgi-bin/page.cgi?g=Detailed%2F2529.html;d=1

-h

--
Hari Sekhon