Performance data for service

Anthony Montibello amontibello at gmail.com
Fri May 23 00:18:32 CEST 2008

You could try testing with NC_NEt(http://sourceforge.net/projects/nc-net) or
NSCLinet (http://nsclient.ready2run.nl/)

They are both copatible with Check_nt so there will be minimal to no
reconfiguration needed on Nagios side,  However the default listen port is
1248 so you would need to at least configure that on the client side.

check_nt does not have a showall for COunters , so that should not havee
helped anything.  Run the command help and check the documentation for your
windows plugin.  Also check the service description

I prefer to use the following definition:

define command{
	command_name	check_nt_with_L
	command_line	$USER1$/check_nt -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 12489 -s PASSWORD
-v $ARG1$ -l "$ARG2$" $ARG3$
	}

then the check command:

check_nt!COUNTER!Process\(Outlook)\Working Set

since the passing to the Command definision may be losing your ""

NC_Net would return a -1 when your Counter fails to actually connect
but I do not know what nsclient++ returns on a bad counter.

You may need to test from the command line what nsclient++ returns
when the COunter is incorrect syntex.

Tony (Author of NC_NEt)