NRPE: Unable to read output

Marcus adesperateuser at googlemail.com
Fri May 16 11:33:09 CEST 2008

Hi Thomas,

Thomas Guyot-Sionnest schrieb:
> If you're trying to run the plugin locally as root then try as the
> nagios user instead (or whichever user nrpe runs as). I.e.:
Actually, it doesn't matter, running the check as root as well as nagios
gives the same result.
I su'ed to nagios in the previous example, but when using root directly,
it doesn't work either.

> I doubt it would be caused by the missing newline, but if you think so
> you can certainly add one in the plugin since it's written in perl...
Certainly ;-) ...
But that didn't do the trick, either unfortunately.

> Which version of Nrpe are you using?
NRPE is v2.12, nagios-plugins are the latest also.

Thanks for giving some ideas, alas - the problem persists...

Greetz,
  Marcus