Nagios 3.0.1 + OpenBSD 4.3 = segfault (core dumped)

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Fri May 16 03:21:29 CEST 2008

On Fri, 16 May 2008, nuffnough wrote:

> 2008/5/16 Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org>:
>>
>> On Fri, 2008-05-16 at 09:26 +1000, nuffnough wrote:
>>> hi...
>>>
>>> I have been running nagios for quite a long time now.  Never really

if the GNU configure script doesnt have a --with-debugging, export
CFLAGS=-g and export COPTs=-g

~BAS

>>> had any problems with it.  But my recent upgrade doesn't seem to be
>>> going well.
>>

>> Rebuild it with debugging symbols and run it with ktrace(8) as needed.
>

> Thanks for the awesomely quick response, BAS.
>
> I checked the archives, the faqs, & yahoo.  I even poked around in the
> configure file.  I failed.
>
> How do I build nagios with the debugging symbols?
>
> Thanks!
>
> nuffi

l8*
 	-lava (Brian A. Seklecki - Pittsburgh, PA, USA)
 	       http://www.spiritual-machines.org/

     "Guilty? Yeah. But he knows it. I mean, you're guilty.
     You just don't know it. So who's really in jail?"
     ~Maynard James Keenan