nagios 3.0.1 - installation quandry...

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed May 14 17:00:57 CEST 2008

On May 14, 2008, at 9:27 AM, chris friesen wrote:

> The short version is that statusmap, history and trends.cgi aren't
> being
> installed.  Yet, I received no error messages during the install of
> Nagios.

Errors were likely shown during the ./configure phase. They would be
helpful.

> I've can log into nagios and I can see everything else except these.
> I've googled my eyes out and I can't see the resolution...

It's in the FAQ.

> I've tried to re-do the ./configure and makes but too no avail.  I
> also
> tried to copy these from a working version of Nagios but I got the
> error
> "Premature end of script headers: /usr/local/nagios/sbin/
> statusmap.cgi"
>
> - This was from a RedHat version...
>
> In my apache error_log I see the "script not found or unable to stat:
> /usr/local/nagios/sbin/statusmap.cgi"

Sounds like permissions on the file may be such that apache can't read/
execute it. If nagios didn't compile it in the first place, chances
are high that you're missing required libraries, and their -devel
equivalents, anyway.

--
Marc