Nagios on Mac OSX 10.5 is consuming 100% CPU

Rudolf van der Leeden vanderleeden at logicunited.com
Tue May 13 15:21:47 CEST 2008

Hi,

I just built and installed Nagios 3.0.1 on Mac OSX 10.5 / Intel.

In order to verify the installation I just put together a set of tiny
configfiles with just 1 node and 1 service.
Nagios works fine so far with one exeception:  The nagios process
with 2 threads is busy all the time
(around 100% CPU).
In nagios.cfg:   sleep_time=10 (break for 10s if idle).

Any ideas or explanations? Am I doing something wrong?

Best regards,
Rudolf van der Leeden
Logic United GmbH, Germany

PS. I've seen the same behaviour on OSX 10.4 with Nagios 3.0
         Nagios 2.9 is OK and runs as expected.