Slightly-OT - Notification management

Julian Hein jhein at netways.de
Sun May 11 11:43:15 CEST 2008

Hi,

Ugo Bellavance <ugob at lubik.ca> wrote on 09.05.08 16:10:

> Terry a écrit :
>> We just utilize sms and have a different ring profile for SMS
>> messages.  The ring profile says that it will go nuts if it gets a
>> phone call or SMS message but all other notifications are off.  I set
>> this before I go to bed.
>
> Ok, but we don't have a SMS gateway yet, we use e-mail to txt, so it
> costs money to receive txt messages this way, the blackberry data fees
> are already high, using it would cut the txt msg fees.
>
> I'm thinking about setting up an SMS gateway, though, any idea where to
> ask for info/ideas?

Multitech has Modems with Ethernet Interfaces. You just connect them to the
Network and send a text oder sms via Telnet commands:
http://www.multitech.com/PRODUCTS/Categories/Device_Networking/

If you can get a mobile phone plan with unlimited sms/text in Canada, you
can send as many txt as you can get through and build your own email2sms
gateway.

Cheers,
Julian

--
Julian Hein

NETWAYS GmbH | Deutschherrnstr. 47a | D-90429 Nürnberg
Tel: +49 911 92885-0 | Fax: +49 911 92885-31
http://www.netways.de | jhein at netways.de

** NETWAYS Nagios Konferenz 2008 - http://www.nagioskonferenz.de **