About notification procedure

Yu Watanabe yu.watanabe at jp.fujitsu.com
Thu May 8 03:03:32 CEST 2008

Hello,

Could I ask you one more thing ?

In the document it says
"Whenever a service check results in a non-OK status level, Nagios will attempt to check and see if the
host that the service is running on is "alive""

However, there weren't any SERVICE ALERT that is related to this host
before the HOST ALERT had occured.

   3440 [1207507087] HOST ALERT: HostA;DOWN;SOFT;1;CRITICAL - 192.168.0.1: rta nan, lost 100%
   3441 [1207507097] HOST ALERT: HostA;DOWN;SOFT;2;CRITICAL - 192.168.0.1: rta nan, lost 100%
   3442 [1207507107] HOST ALERT: HostA;DOWN;HARD;3;CRITICAL - 192.168.0.1: rta nan, lost 100%
   3447 [1207507107] SERVICE ALERT: HostA;icmp_ping_alive;CRITICAL;HARD;1;CRITICAL - 192.168.0.1: rta nan, lost 100%
   3450 [1207507187] HOST ALERT: HostA;UP;HARD;1;OK - 192.168.0.1: rta 0.803ms, lost 0%

Are there any situations which Nagios executes the host check process ?

Yu Watanabe

Marc Powell さんは書きました: