HTTP authorixation in check_http doesn't work

Jevos, Peter Peter.Jevos at oriflame.com
Wed May 7 17:30:43 CEST 2008

From: nagios-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:nagios-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Joe
Precious
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2008 12:18 PM
To: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] HTTP authorixation in check_http doesn't
work

Although its highly likely I could be wrong, I was under the impression
that the authentication option for check_http only works on sites using
basic authentication.

Its sounds like the site you are trying to access is possibly using
Integrated Windows or Digest authentication because you are having to
enter the domain name.

http://nagiosplugins.org/man/check_http

Thanks for your answer Joe

Yes it seems that this is Integarated windows authetication ( IIS ).
So my question is : Does exist some nagios http plugin that supports
this kind of authentication ?

Thanks

pet

> Hi ,
>
> I tried to use check_http plugin again address that is running on IIS.
>
> There is authorization in format: domain\user adn password
> So I did:
> ./check_http -t 40 -H my_http_address -a domain\nuser:pwd

Why do you use "\n" before the user? Did you try a \\user? One \ for the
bash and one for the plugin?

Regards,
Hendrik

Thanks for you answer Henrik.
Of course \n and other credentials are not real.
I also used double \\ but the result is the same:
HTTP WARNING: HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized

When I tried to login through browser it works

thx

br

pet