service templates

Max perldork at webwizarddesign.com
Tue May 6 21:27:32 CEST 2008

On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 1:42 PM, Terry <td3201 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok, it looks like I might be able to simplify this with additional hostgroups:

Exactly :), associate all services common to a server type with a
hostgroup and then just add hosts to the hostgroup, scales very well
.. if the services in the hostgroup all require custom attributes that
are similar in their command definitions you can even refactor them
and the hostgroup into a host template and then just add the template
to the 'use' statement of any hosts in the hostgroup .. you could also
put notes_url or action_url attributes or other CGI config items in
the host template as well

define host {
     name windows-server
     __custom_attribute_1 value