Duplicate host alerts

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri May 2 17:06:47 CEST 2008

You've certainly got me baffled. Every symptom you've described so far
is consistent with my original hypothesis and nothing else I can
remember seeing in my 6+ years here, or can think of, fits it. Do you
use escalations? Does your escalated contact use a different
notification command? You don't happen to have a test nagios box running
somewhere else do you? ;) You've verified that you do see both
notification in your maillog on that box? If it were me, I'd be getting
to the point of extreme measures and go through my configs making sure
that there were no other notification commands, change the notification
command to do something completely different like log to a file only,
stop nagios, verify all dead, grep through var/* to make sure there were
no references to the old notification command and restart.

--
Marc