NRPE: Unable to read output

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri May 2 16:11:02 CEST 2008

check_nrpe expects the script it calls to be a nagios plugin and to
behave appropriately. The Developer Guidelines specify that nagios
plugins must output (at least) one line of text and to exit with the
proper exit code. It appears your script does not output any text, at
the least.

It also appears that you are going to try to use check_nrpe as an
event_handler instead of its intended purpose of running check plugins.
There aren't any inherent reasons that I can think of why that wouldn't
work and since nagios doesn't check for errors from the execution of an
event_handler, the above error probably isn't critical.

--
Marc