(no subject)

steven craig cixelsydego at hotmail.com
Thu May 1 23:29:14 CEST 2008

Hello all,

I am a new poster to the nagios mailing list; however, I
have used nagios for a number of years now.
I am having an issue where the status and extinfo CGIs stop updating.

Our west coast nagios
setup consists of one physical master server, and one physical slave
server.  The slave server runs 5 nagios
instances, each with approximately 500 - 1000 service checks.  All total, we have 3400 service checks being
accepted by the master.  We are currently
running nagios 3.0.1.

The os/arch/type is CentOS5, x86_64, and each server has
8 intel cores and 16GB of RAM.  We were
experiencing extremely high latency in our service checks (thousands and
thousands and thousands of seconds) and realized that this was primarily due to
the serial nature of nsca.  Sending each service
check result individually back to the master would take seconds each, and the slave
check queues would back up behind that process.

We did a little poking around and installed the ocsp
sweeper from nagios exchange, which immediately cured our performance issues.

Now, however, we experience very strange behavior:  some handful of hours after each nagios
restart, the webUI CGIs will stop displaying accurate performance information (services
passively checked for 1 min - 1 hr report 0, and only the 'since program start'
reports a number) and - more troubling - the status CGI does not update.

Has anyone experienced this issue before?

Thanks.

Steven C