Fwd: MRTG Graf

Israel Brewster israel at frontierflying.com
Thu May 1 18:11:58 CEST 2008

On Apr 30, 2008, at 6:21 PM, Devinder Singh wrote:

> Hi
>
> How do i get the following log file
> 192.168.1.253_1.log i which directory is that log file found
>
> I only get a log file in var/log.mrtg.log
>
> Pls advise
> Devinder

The location that MRTG uses for your log files is defined in your
mrtg.cfg file, specifically the "WorkDir:" directive. Keep in mind,
these files are not created until MRTG has been run successfully. If
they don't exist, and you have run MRTG, it would make sense to look
at the /var/log/mrtg.log file to see if maybe MRTG isn't running
properly, or is generating some error. I would HIGHLY recommend that
you read through http://oss.oetiker.ch/mrtg/doc/mrtg-unix-
guide.en.html , and perhaps some of the other associated MRTG
documentation to get a better understanding of how MRTG works and how
to set it up- this stuff is all explained in there. Also, the MRTG
mailing lists would be a better place for questions regarding setting
up and using MRTG. After that, if you still have issues specifically
with integrating the MRTG data with nagios, this would be an
appropriate place to ask those questions.

Israel Brewster
Computer Support Technician
Frontier Flying Service Inc.
5245 Airport Industrial Rd