Nagios does not send service recovery messages

Cem Vedat ISIK cem.isik at bitbrains.nl
Thu May 1 12:41:23 CEST 2008

Dear all,
I've been using Nagios v2.9 to monitor the HTTP service of a host.
When the HTTP Service is in CRITICAL state I and my friends receive
"Service Critical Notification"

<log>
SERVICE NOTIFICATION: cvisik;webserver;Check
webserver;CRITICAL;notify-by-email;CRITICAL - Socket timeout after 5
seconds
SERVICE NOTIFICATION: friends;webserver;Check
webserver;CRITICAL;notify-by-email;CRITICAL - Socket timeout after 5
seconds
</log>

When the service is UP again, only I receive "Service UP Notification"
as seen below.

<log>
SERVICE ALERT: webserver;Check webserver;OK;HARD;4;HTTP OK HTTP/1.1 200
OK - 17661 bytes in 0.981 seconds
SERVICE NOTIFICATION: cvisik;webserver;Check
webserver;OK;notify-by-email;HTTP OK HTTP/1.1 200 OK - 17661 bytes in 0
.981 seconds
</log>

For your info, I have the following in my objects.cfg

define service{
use generic-service
name check_webserver
service_description Check webserver
normal_check_interval 5
check_command check_http!http://webserver!5
contact_groups cvisik,friends
host_name webserver
}

define contactgroup {
contactgroup_name friends
alias Friends
members ttdem,ssahe
}

define contact{
use generic-contact
contact_name ttdem
alias Teo Dem
email {ttdems_email}
service_notification_options c,r
host_notification_options n
service_notification_commands notify-by-email
host_notification_commands host-notify-by-email
}

define contact{
use generic-contact
contact_name ssahe
alias Sally Sahe
email {sshaes_email}
service_notification_options c,r
host_notification_options n
service_notification_commands notify-by-email
host_notification_commands host-notify-by-email
}

What shall I change to make the contactgroups [friends] receive service
recovery OK notifications?
Thanks in advance.
--
Cem