Need help to config Nagios for several items...

Scott Ehrlich scott at MIT.EDU
Mon Mar 31 21:36:31 CEST 2008

On Mon, 31 Mar 2008, Valdinger, Stephen (DOV, MSX) wrote:

> www.nagiosexchange.org is a great resource to find a plugin for almost
> anything including SMART arrays.
>
> Stephen Valdinger
> MIS Helpdesk Coordinator
> 330.365.3622 -O
> 740.491.0958 - C
> svalding at doverchem.com
>
> Ubuntu - African for "I can't configure Debian!"

That is a great site.  I'm not new to using Nagios, but I am new to
integrating (and eventually writing)  plugins for it.  As I download
plugins, such as check_smartmon, in what directory do I place them, and
exactly how do I invoke them from within Nagios?

I have reviewed the standard .cfg files for assistance, but it hasn't been
obvious to me, yet.

Thanks.

Scott