SNMP through NAT!

Marcus adesperateuser at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 28 15:27:18 CET 2008

jeff surofsky schrieb:
> obviously I have to use different ports, but how do I configure nagios to send snmp on different ports? I think it may be in commands.cfg

Hi Jeff,

I have a command-definition in
etc/objects/commands.cfg

# 'check_snmp' command definition
define command{
         command_name    check_snmp
         command_line    $USER1$/check_snmp -H $HOSTADDRESS$ $ARG1$
         }

Here you could probably specifiy additional ARGs, for example the Port
used (after $ARG1$).
If you invoke check_snmp with -h (in libexec), it gives you the possible
arg-list, including -p for port.
(-p, --port=INTEGER Port number (default: 161))

But wouldn't it be simpler, to just tell the FW to allow Nagios-IP on
Box[1-4] for UDP 161 ?

What you take as "obvious" isn't that obvious for me, but maybe I just
don't get your environment right. ;-)

HTH,
Greetz,
  Marcus