Graphing Switch Ports

Chris Waters CWaters at jeld-wen.com
Thu Mar 20 00:07:33 CET 2008

You probably want to use something other than Nagios for this.  I use
cacti http://www.cacti.net to graph several hundred network devices.
You can use the extened info field to link back to cacti for the host
you selected in nagios (manual process to set up per host because most
of cacti references devices by an ID not the hostname).  Or, it's a lot
trickier but you could modify extinfo cgi to point to cacti for that
host and access the info from the Host Information links (very
difficult).

Chris Waters
Technology Services - Network Group
JELD-WEN, Inc.