IM notification

Alex Dehaini alexdehaini at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 15:00:06 CET 2008

Excellent, it worked. How can I get this to work using googletalk. I passed
the same parameters but this is the error I got.
/usr/local/bin/notify_via_jabber emailaddress at gmail.com "I am alive"
Cannot connect (Invalid argument).

These were the settings in my notify_via_jabber file

use constant RECIPIENT => $ARGV[0];
use constant SERVER    => 'talk.gmail.com';
use constant PORT      => 5222;
use constant USER      => emailaddress';
use constant PASSWORD  => 'password';
use constant RESOURCE  => 'resource';
use constant MESSAGE   => $ARGV[1];
use constant MAXWAIT   => 2 ;