NSCA processes hanging around

Gareth Watson GarethWatson at totemcomms.com
Wed Mar 19 11:51:14 CET 2008

No one seems to have replied to this post.  So I thought I may as well
reply to myself :)

I think I have some more information about the cause of my issue and
maybe someone else can confirm or refute my suggestion.

Whilst running the Nagios beta versions we were experiencing memory
leaks (as documented in the change logs).  Rather than roll back to 2.9
I was happy to script a restart of Nagios daily and wait for the problem
to be fixed.

Now I have removed the restarting of Nagios I no longer get any nsca
processes "hanging around".  So can anyone confirm the behaviour of NSCA
when nagios is shutting down or has shutdown?

As always, any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Gareth.