Very basic notifications question

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Mar 18 18:36:46 CET 2008

hostname.cfg contains service{} definitions? Just modify the parameters
in each service definition then.

> If I create a file that has the notification settings for each service
> (they are called the same for each server), will nagios understand
> that, or do we need to seriously look at how we have implemented
nagios
> and re-write the files so that the hostname.cfg's only contain the
> hostname/IP and the services are listed elsewhere?

I can't really answer this effectively. There shouldn't be a file just
for notification settings for services... I don't really understand how
you've got things set up. The end result is that you want to modify the
parameters for the service{} definitions (or template they use) for the
services you want to change. Maybe if you provided specific details,
with examples, that'll help clarify.

--
Marc