setup check_apache.pl

Tom Throckmorton throck at duke.edu
Sat Mar 15 20:44:28 CET 2008

On Mar 15 10:57, Carlo Alberto Bedogni wrote:
> hi all
>
> i have nagios 2.10 on centos 5 , i'm trying to install check_apache.pl but
> give me a error 127 .
>
> check_apache.pl is locate in /usr/lib64/nagios/plugins/contrib/
>
> in /etc/nagios/localhost.cfg i have add this lines :
>
> define service{
>        use                              local-service         ; Name of
> service template to use
>        host_name                        localhost
>        service_description              Check apache
>        check_command                    check_apache.pl
>        }
>

> and in /etc/nagios/command.cfg this lines:
>
> # 'check_apache.pl' command definition
> define command{
>         command_name    check_apache.pl
>         command_line    $USER1$/check_apache.pl -H $HOSTADDRESS$
>         }

Carlo,

Assuming you have $USER1$ set to /usr/lib64/nagios/plugins/, then you need to
change that command_line to:

>         command_line    $USER1$/contrib/check_apache.pl -H $HOSTADDRESS$

Regardless, I think this plugin isn't going to do what you want - it's very
old, and doesn't work against Apache 2.x, which is the default on CentOS 5.  If
you think checking via mod_status is really what you want/need, then someone
updated this script a while ago to work with 2.x:

http://readlist.com/lists/lists.sourceforge.net/nagios-users/0/320.html

...are you really just looking to make sure your local Apache instance is
alive?  Have you tried check_http?

> the plugin check-apache come with a standard rpm for centos...

Out of curiosity - which rpm are you using and from where?

Cheers,

-tt

--
Tom Throckmorton