upgrade to 3.0, new service stuck at pending

rupert rupertt at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 18:09:47 CET 2008

Hello ListUsers,

i just upgraded to nagios 3,0 and all my old services are checked fine,
now i added a mysql check with the default check_mysql plugin and it
never get checked.
I can do "/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_mysql -H 172.20.1.101 -u
monitoring" and it works fine,
i defined a service and the command, and the webinterface shows me the
serivice on the right hosts,
but it never changes from pending to checked
When i start nagios. all the services get a state, but also not my new one

[1205513869] INITIAL SERVICE STATE: backend-A1;MYSQL;OK;HARD;1;
[1205513869] INITIAL SERVICE STATE: backend-A1;PING;OK;HARD;1;OK -
172.20.1.101: rta 0.332ms, lost 0%

define command{
        command_name    check_mysql
        command_line    $USER1$/check_mysql -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -u $ARG1$
}

define service{
        host_name               backend-A1, backend-B1
        service_description     MYSQL
        check_command           check_mysql!monitoring
        max_check_attempts      3
        normal_check_interval   1
        retry_check_interval    3
        check_period            24x7
        notification_interval   120
        notification_period     24x7
        notification_options    w,u,c,r,f
        contact_groups          noc
}

I checked all the file permissions and it looks fine, there are no
other entries in the logfiles.

greetings

Heiko