strange error

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Mar 14 15:50:11 CET 2008

Please always respond on list.

Yes, I'm afraid it is as far as nagios is concerned.

> # Define a service to "ping" the local machine
> define service{
>         use                             local-service   ; Name of
service
> template to use
>         host_name                      c04
>         service_description             PING
>         check_command                   check_ping!100.0,20%!500.0,60%
>         }
> define service{
> use local-service
> host_name c04
> service_description load
> check_command check_nrpe!check_load
> }

> What could be the issue?

Nagios isn't reading the file c04.cfg then. Do you have it specified as
a cfg_file in nagios.cfg? Or, does it live in a directory specified as a
cfg_dir in nagios.cfg? The program at
http://oss.op5.se/nagios/getnagioscfg.c might help show you the cfg
files that nagios has been told about.

--