Sending notifications via SMS+mobile phone

Meylikhov rage_q3 at mail.ru
Fri Mar 14 11:31:17 CET 2008

Hello, everybody!

Can anyone assist me in solving the following task: I need nagios to send
SMS via mobile phone connected to COM port. Are there are such possibilities
in nagios and are there any plugins that support sending sms via mobile
phone? I found only one plugin (NAGIOSMS:
http://www.nagiosexchange.org/Notifications.35.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1[p_vi
ew]=619 )that is currently supports sending notifications via mobile phone
but I even can't imagine how to connect mobile phone to my Linux Debian 4.0
server (2.6.18-6-686). Maybe someone already has configured notifications
send via mobile phone and can suggest me what mobile phone to buy? I also
need any help (suggestions,links, documentation, etc) in connecting mobile
phone to my Linux Debian 4.0 server.

My system:

Nagios server: Linux Debian 4.0 server 2.6.18-6-686

Nagios: nagios-3.0b5

Nagios plugins: nagios-plugins-1.4.11

NRPE: nrpe-2.10

Thank you!