core dump with nagios-3.0rc3 with Solaris 8

Gerald N. Ginsburg g-ginsburg at northwestern.edu
Thu Mar 13 16:33:28 CET 2008

When I try to start nagios-3.0rc3 or verify my config files I get a
configuration fault and core dump.  This is under Solaris 8 (SPARC) with

gcc version 3.4.2.  I have not had this, or any problems, with earlier
versions, including 2.x, 3.x beta, or 3.0rc1.  I have tried various config
files, including my

2.9 config files, the sample config files, and a very minimal config.  Any
ideas or help will be most welcome.

This is the last few line of the messages I get:

LEN: 29, END: 27, BUF=#xrddb_database=somedatabase

BUFNOW: #xrddb_database=somedatabase

LEN: 25, END: 23, BUF=#xrddb_username=someuser

BUFNOW: #xrddb_username=someuser

LEN: 29, END: 27, BUF=#xrddb_password=somepassword

BUFNOW: #xrddb_password=somepassword

LEN: 23, END: 21, BUF=#xrddb_optimize_data=1

BUFNOW: #xrddb_optimize_data=1

LEN: 1, END: -1, BUF=

BUFNOW:

Segmentation Fault (core dumped)