advice in my customize plugins

Nelson Serafica ntserafica at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 11 04:37:56 CET 2008

We are customizing nagios to send an txt to our mobile phone. The setup is this.
If there is a critical in every host/service, it must visit the url http://x.x.x.x/commigx/iserver?page=sms_sendsms..
I tried to do this by putting the ff in the miscommands.cfg:

define command{
        command_name    notify-by-txt
        command_line    /usr/bin/links "http://X.X.X.X/commigx/iserver?page=sms_sendsmsmessage&multi_recipients=+6388888888&smsmessage=t
esting&username=nagios&NOEXPIRE"
        }

I put notify-by-txt in the contacts.cfg restart nagios. But still  no txt message received.

But when I do manually in the shell the command specified in the command_line in miscommands.cfg, there is no problem. I can received the text successfully.

Any advise? I'm still doing trial and error up to now but need some advise from the expert from the forum.