Retry interval on hard states

Giles Coochey gcoochey at sapphire.gi
Fri Mar 7 16:04:09 CET 2008

> This is expected behavior. I'm curious, what kind of environment are
you
> in when up to 5 minute delay in notification of recovery is
> 'substantial'?

Hi Marc,

I know I'm not the target of your question, but...

Some require 5 figure uptime reports for their SLAs, and a 99.999% SLA
is often requested by users and customers.

That only gives us 315.36 seconds of downtime per year per service.

In that scenario a 5 minute delay, in order to use any of Nagios'
performance monitoring, is far too large for the margin of error.

That is an extreme case, but even 4 9s SLAs will suffer as a result.