check commands

Nicholas Thompson nighthunter92403 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 16:30:46 CET 2008

Hello All,

I have a small question about the services configuration.

Here is a sample of one of the configurations I have

"

define service {
host_name                                  Device_name
service_description                     http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
check_command
check_https!http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/!user!password
max_check_attempts                  5
normal_check_interval                5
retry_check_interval                   5
check_period                             24x7
notification_interval                    240
notification_options                    w,c,r
contact_groups                          GroupName
notification_period                      24x7
}

My question is this:   Is there a way to change the "!user!password" to
be encrypted?  I do not want the ability to see the user and password in
the configuration file.  Is it possible to point the the command to an
other file that contains the user names and passwords?

Thanks for any help.

Nick~