question about nagios on solaris 10

Canhua dreameration at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 01:14:31 CET 2008

Actually I do have config nrpe_user and nrpe_group to nagios/nagios,
 and added that monitoring ip to allowed_hosts.

 On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 6:35 PM, Phil Costelloe <philc at foundation-it.com> wrote:
 > > From: nagios-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net [mailto:nagios-users-
 >  > bounces at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Canhua
 >

 >  > Thank you so much. I get information from /var/adm/message
 >  >  It said that
 >  >
 >  > ||Mar  5 14:58:41 uis1 nrpe[26376]: [ID 306117 daemon.error] Error:
 >  > NRPE daemon ||cannot be run as user/group root!
 >  >  and
 >  >  ||Mar  5 15:35:14 uis1 nrpe[26475]: [ID 381997 daemon.error] Host
 >  > 10.240.0.54 is ||not allowed to talk to us!
 >  >
 >  >  however I still do not know what causes this two kind of errors.
 >
 >  Check your nrpe.cfg file and change the nrpe_user and nrpe_group
items to something other than root. I usually set up a nagios user and
group with the least login and permission rights I can get away with.
Also in nrpe.cfg, add 10.240.0.54 and 127.0.0.1 to allowed_hosts.
Restart nrpe and see what difference that makes.

 >  Phil
 >
 >  --------------------------------------------------------------------------
 >  Phil Costelloe
 >  Technical Consultant
 >  mailto:philc at foundation-it.com
 >  http://www.foundation-it.com/
 >  Foundation IT
 >  Foundation Court
 >  Old Street
 >  Oare
 >  Hermitage Berkshire RG18 9SE
 >  Switch: +44 (0) 1635 203700
 >  Helpdesk: +44 (0) 800 0121099
 >  DDI: +44 (0) 1635 203719
 >  Fax: +44 (0) 8700 543537
 >  Mobile: +44 (0) 7884 236299
 >  --------------------------------------------------------------------------
 >  This message contains confidential information and is intended
only for nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net. If you are not
nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net you should not disseminate,
distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify Foundation IT
delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission cannot be
guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be
contain viruses. Foundation IT therefore does not accept liability for
any errors or omissions in the contents of this message, which arise
as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please
request a hard-copy version.
 >  Foundation IT
 >  Registered Office: Foundation Court, Old Street, Oare, Hermitage,
Berkshire, RG18 9SE