Announce: check_svn - Plugin to test Subversion repositories

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 5 17:11:55 CET 2008

Hi,

   I've just released another plugin on NagiosExchange called check_svn
that tests subversion repositories over svn://, http:// or https://.

This is a re-write of a plugin I've been using for more than a year and
had been meaning to release earlier, I know there were some people who
had asked for it, and my apologies to those folks for taking so long on
this, but work has not allowed me to spend time on the things I've been
wanting to and I generally don't release my plugins until I feel they
meet a minimum standard.

The plugin takes range of options including username/password
credentials, port, protocol, directory, directory content listing, timer
output. It follows the standard Nagios coding guidelines with a
--timeout for the test and levels of verbosity for more information or
debugging. It requires that the svn command line client "svn" be
somewhere in the path as it uses this to connect to the Subversion
server to fetch a listing to determine that the repository is online and
available.

You can get the plugin from NagiosExchange:

http://www.nagiosexchange.org/Check_Plugins.21.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1[p_view]=1258

Feedback on this plugin is always welcome. For support, feature requests
or bug reports email me at this address.

Thanks

-h

--
Hari Sekhon