multiple notifications on some alerts

mark.potter at academy.com mark.potter at academy.com
Tue Mar 4 21:43:26 CET 2008

nagios-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net wrote on 03/04/2008 02:42:09
PM:

> We have been getting multiple notifications on some of our alerts
> recently and I have been tasked with trying to find out why this is
> happening.
>
> I have checked the services.cfg, contacts.cfg and contactgroups.cfg
> files, all appear correct.  I have checked the Exchange Server, the
> distribution group and members are correct.
>
> Am I missing checking somewhere?
>
> I have made a search online and have seen that others are reporting this
> also, but did not see a solution.
>
> Thanks
> Mike Welsh

1. What version of Nagios are you using
2. On what OS it running
3. Attach at least the configs related to your multiple alerts. I would
include contacts.cfg, contactgroups.cfg, at least one service for which
you are getting multiple alerts, and so on.

I am sure someone can help you out but we will never solve the problem
taking shots in the dark.