Different notification periods for different events?

CJ Kucera christopher.kucera at nsighttel.com
Mon Jun 30 18:48:57 CEST 2008

Hello list -

Is there a way to configure a service so that notifications for (for
instance) WARNINGs are sent out for one time period, but notifications
for CRITICAL events are sent out for a different time period?

The situation is that we monitor disk usage for a number of services,
and there's generally no reason to have a disk usage WARNING wake
somebody up in the middle of the night (that can certainly wait until
the morning), but we'd still want to know about CRITICAL warnings
whenever they occur.

In the past we've just set up a pair of disk usage checks for each
instance, with complimentary time periods and notification levels
as-appropriate, but that's rather cumbersome as the number of
hosts/filesystems grows.  Any other ideas would be appreciated...

Thanks!

-CJ