Checking CPU temperature and fan speed

Stefan-Michael Guenther nagios01 at in-put.de
Mon Jun 30 09:39:35 CEST 2008

Hello,

I need to monitor the cpu temperature and fan speed of a number of
different servers, based on Intel and Gigabyte motherboards.

There are nagios plugins available to monitore Compaq servers, but has
anyone of you ever found a way to do the same for Intel/Gigabyte servers?

I would prefer to to it via SNMP, to use the SNMP plugin, but haven't
found any information on SNMP together with Intel/Gigabyte boards and
both companies has answered by emails.

Thanks for any suggstions or help,

Stefan

in-put GbR - Das Linux-Systemhaus