creating a nagios cluster

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Jun 27 16:44:19 CEST 2008

On Jun 27, 2008, at 8:59 AM, Assaf Flatto wrote:

> Hello
>
> I want to setup a nagios cluster that will be in active/passive
> (using heartbeat).
> I want to be able to disable notifications from the passive server
> and have it go to passive mode ,
> (so when it does come up it will not take a long time to present the
> display).
> I need the failover to be able to preform these changes .
> Has anyone build such a cluster before ?
> what pitfalls have you encountered on this ?

I have not done this but these external commands should prove useful
and easily scriptable--

Stopping host/service checks and notifications--
http://www.nagios.org/developerinfo/externalcommands/commandinfo.php?command_id=42
http://www.nagios.org/developerinfo/externalcommands/commandinfo.php?command_id=68
http://www.nagios.org/developerinfo/externalcommands/commandinfo.php?command_id=7

Enabling --