not all contacst notified...

Sebastian Ries Sebastian.Ries at dtnet.de
Thu Jun 26 14:32:20 CEST 2008

Hi

> I found the problem that sometimes (ok, it occurred once) that not all
> contacts get notified on a state change...
>
> When a service goes down there are 6 email-contacts and one additional
> sms-contact (technically it is an email as well) that should get
> notified.
> But one time only the 6 contacts got notified by mail, but noch
> sms-notification was sent out... (in the web-interface I can see that
> nagios even did not try to send the notification to that particular
> contact :-(
>
> Did anyone have this problem before?

I found the "problem"...
"Not a Bug, it's a feature..." ;-)

nagios counts notification NOT depending on if it ist Warning or
Critical...
So the first message was sent out as Warning and the following messages
were sent out as Critical.
As the sms is only configured tot be sent at the first notification no
Critical notification was sent out via sms :-/

Is it possible to configure nagios to start with notification no. 1 as a
service changes from Warning to Critical?

Regards
Sebastian Ries

DT Netsolution GmbH -  Talaeckerstr. 30 -  D-70437 Stuttgart
Tel: +49-711-849910-36               Fax: +49-711-849910-936
WEB: http://www.dtnet.de/     email: Sebastian.Ries at dtnet.de