[Fwd: Bug Reporting / Issue Tracking System ?]

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Jun 25 23:18:29 CEST 2008

On Jun 25, 2008, at 3:14 PM, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:

>> Oh, I'm all for ticketing systems... as long as they aren't giving
> people the impression that work is likely to be done which will not in
> fact ever be done.  Have you looked at The Original Bugzilla
> lately?  ;-)

Has anyone bothered to ask Ethan why he has chosen not to use the SF
bugtracker? It had to have been a conscious decision so unless those
reasons have changed, I would expect that those same reasons would
apply here. If one of those reasons is that it's a pain to manage and
he doesn't have the time/inclination, then it may work out well. A
community supported bugtracker is all well and good but unless there
is developer participation it's only marginally valuable. For the most
part that developer is Ethan (not to minimize *any* of the significant
work by other people, it's just that he's the main developer and
gatekeeper for all patches).

--
Marc

p.s. IMHE, there are not a lot of bugs related to nagios-stable and
any real, verified bugs get fixed relatively quickly. Could be my rose-
colored glasses though.