nagios 3.x - check_bonding ?

Steffen Knauf Steffen.Knauf at liga01.de
Wed Jun 25 13:09:40 CEST 2008

Hi Tom,

it's no problem to get the status of the bonding interace via snmp.

(i have an Intel Dual Server Adapter):
.1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.7.5 = INTEGER: up(1)

The only one you need is the correct oid.

so you can check via check_snmp.

I try to monitor the traffic of the bonding interface
(BONDING_MODULE_OPTS="mode=4") via mrtg (Traffic), but the result is
dissatisfying. It's not the sum of the ethernet interfaces.
But it's no problem to monitor the two "real" ethernet cards.

Steffen