How to monitor OpenFire by Nagios?

Sandor W. Sklar ssklar at stanford.edu
Tue Jun 24 21:17:07 CEST 2008

On Jun 24, 2008, at 12:02 PM, Cassius V. de Magalhaes wrote:

> Cassius V. de Magalhaes escreveu:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would like to monitor OpenFire on Linux by Nagios, please?
>>

> Or even better,  how to monitor OpenFire on  Linux by Nagios, please?

I'm monitoring our OpenFire server via:

define service {
         <snip>
         check_command                   check_jabber!'xmlns="jabber:client
" from="sul-jabber"'
}

define command {
     command_name    check_jabber
     command_line    $USER1$/check_jabber -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -p 5223 --
ssl --expect=$ARG1$
}

... and the "check_jabber" plugin is a soft link to the standard
"check_tcp" plugin.  Its probably not the most comprehensive of tests,
but it works well enough for us, ensuring that the jabber server is
responding properly.

	-s-