How do we report a possible bug (in check_ping)?

Forsaken forsaken at targaryen.us
Tue Jun 24 11:52:30 CEST 2008

On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 14:19:38 +1000
"Eddie F" <bigedd at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, DNS was the first thing I thought of, but that is definitely
> fine. As I mentioned FTP, HTTP and SSH are working fine using the
> same domain name.

If you're using the unmodified ping command that comes in the example
text files, then it probably is a DNS problem.... have you configured
your DNS to also answer ipv6 queries? If not, the plugin is probably
trying to resolve both, ipv4 requests and ipv6 requests, and timing out
while waiting for a response to the ipv6 query. Try adding -4 to the
end of the command that checks your ping and see if it responds
properly using the hostname.