Last Host Notification

Matt Snyder slylock2 at mac.com
Sat Jun 21 22:37:03 CEST 2008

Hi all.  I have a common problem, which I've tried to resolve
following all the recommended methods, but nothing helps, so I'd like
to ask the question a different way.  What are the possible
explanations why Last Host Notification is N/A, and Current
Notification Number is 0, on the Host State screen, cgi-bin/
extinfo.cgi?type=1&host=stsd-vm11 ?

Host Status:	  DOWN
Status Information:	CRITICAL - 10.10.40.31: Host unreachable @
10.10.40.13. rta nan, lost 100%
Performance Data:	rta=0.000ms;3000.000;5000.000;0; pl=100%;80;100;;
Current Attempt:	10/10
State Type:	HARD
Last Check Type:	ACTIVE
Last Check Time:	06-21-2008 13:04:19
Status Data Age:	0d 0h 0m 49s
Next Scheduled Active Check:  	N/A
Latency:	0.000 seconds
Check Duration:	3.049 seconds
Last State Change:	06-21-2008 12:44:59
Current State Duration:	0d 0h 20m 9s
Last Host Notification:	N/A
Current Notification Number:  	0
Is This Host Flapping?	N/A
Percent State Change:	N/A
In Scheduled Downtime?	  NO
Last Update:	06-21-2008 13:04:59
Active Checks:	  ENABLED
Passive Checks:	  ENABLED
Obsessing:	  ENABLED
Notifications:	  ENABLED
Event Handler:	  ENABLED
Flap Detection:	  ENABLED

log_notifications is 1 in /etc/nagios.  The machine was up when I
first enabled monitoring, and I toggled Notifications: Enabled
several times using cgi, before shutting down the machine.  I have a
contact, nagios-admin, I have a contact group, admins, and that
contract group is specified as the contact_groups in the host
definition.  notifications_enabled is 1 in the host template and in
the specific host definition.  service_notification_commands and
host_notification_commands are both set to valid commands in the
definition of nagios-admin.  host_notification_options are set to d,u,r.

Contact notifications page, cgi-bin/notifications.cgi?
contact=all&archive=0&type=2, reports "No notifications have been
recorded in the current log file"