NRPE Install Error

Scott Ackerman lists at scott-ackerman.com
Fri Jun 20 14:50:31 CEST 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: nagios-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net
[mailto:nagios-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Marc Powell
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2008 6:36 AM
To: nagios-user Mailinglist
Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] NRPE Install Error

On Jun 20, 2008, at 7:01 AM, Scott Ackerman wrote:

>> Shankar,
>>
>> thanks for the help. The nrpe daemon is running on the remote server.
>> There were no ./configure problems on the remote server, and the only
>> "warning" I received when I ran ./configure on the monitoring host was
>> "checking for Kerberos include files... could not find include files"
>>
>> When I ran telnet from the monitoring host to the server I got the
>> following:
>>
>> trying <ip address>
>> connected to <ip address>
?> escape character is '^}'.
>> connection closed by foreign host.

>re you running NRPE via inetd or as a daemon? If the former, check /
var/log/messages for inetd errors. If the latter, make sure you've set
allowed_hosts >properly in nrpe.cfg. If it still doesn't work, set debug
mode in nrpe.cfg and watch /var/log/messages.

>--
>Marc

Marc,

I am running under xinetd. In the /var/log/messages the only respose I get
is:

Jun 20 06:46:34 u15250855 xinetd[10001]: START: nrpe pid=10061
from=67.190.27.73
Jun 20 06:46:34 u15250855 xinetd[10001]: EXIT: nrpe status=0 pid=10061
duration=0(sec)

any issue.