plugins works on console but not reliable inside nagios

Heiko rupertt at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 08:36:52 CEST 2008

Hello,

i use a plugin that is monitoring our load balancers.
When nagios is checking the services on these LB it very often reports
a timeout
on this services.
But when I start the plugin from the bash everything works fine,i get
a fast response on these services.
I use exactly the same line on the bash like it is in the
checkcommands conf file.
I changed the service_check_timeout to 180s and raised the
normal_check_interval to 5 minutes,
but it didnt change anything.

Are there any other triggers, or can this be a load problem?

thx

.h