About check_udp plugin

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Jun 19 16:03:40 CEST 2008

On Jun 18, 2008, at 7:32 PM, Yu Watanabe wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thank you for the reply.
>
> So, could you please give me an advice of how to use the check_udp?
>
> I have trouble with specifying the "send" and  "expect" parameters...
> For example, I would like to know the parameters to specify to
> check the 161 udp port, which is the snmp service in our network
> device.

I cannot. I don't use check_udp and don't know the SNMP protocol at
such a basic level to know what to send. I imagine that it's not a
simple string for this protocol. Your best bet, if you cannot use
check_snmp instead, would be to capture a successful query/response
pair with ethereal and see if it can be made to work based on the send/
expect you find in the capture.

--
Marc