How to monitor windows software raid

Michael Medin michael at medin.name
Wed Jun 18 21:32:46 CEST 2008

Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 10:18:52AM +0100, Hari Sekhon wrote:
>
>> On the other hand, perhaps you can just consider this a legacy problem,
>> after all Windows 2000 Server should be retired or at least on it's way
>> out by now...
>>

> Wouldn't it be pretty to think so.
>
> I'll be inquiring about how to instrument an NT4 SP6 PDC for Nagios
> next week... :-)

Wont be that hard actually.
If you use for instance NSClient++ or the original client (p)NSclient
(and I am guessing the OpMonAgent as well) which all run on NT4 and
beyond but when on windows there are not so many pre-made recipes so one
tends to have to manufacture the "wheel" over and over :)
But the short answer will be much the same whatever you want to monitor
(on windows):
Check: the built in (to the agent) cpu/mem/* and in addition you
probably want to check Eventlog, PDH counters (and WMI for w2k and
beyond) and such to monitor your specific "items".

// Michael Medin