FW: Monitoring large (ish) numbers of servers with exceptions to the rules...

Matt White lists at matthewjwhite.co.uk
Wed Jun 18 08:23:11 CEST 2008

I have done something similar except I have defined hostgroups for the
different services. I have Domain Controllers hostgroup, Web Servers
hostgroup, Mail Servers etc.... then assign the relevant services to
those groups.

There are certain specific checks that need to be applied to the server
but this way all new servers are linked together and you can also see at
a glance what servers are doing what

Regards,

Matt White
[ matt at matthewjwhite.co.uk ]