Install difficulty

Tom Brown tom at ng23.net
Tue Jun 17 17:55:35 CEST 2008

> Yes. I could be going down the wrong path but, how does the Nagios
> install know what the document root of the webserver is? It would seem
> to me that there should be some reference to nagios in the document
> root so the webserver know where to direct the requests, or does
> nagios not work that way?

# cat /etc/httpd/conf.d/nagios.conf
# SAMPLE CONFIG SNIPPETS FOR APACHE WEB SERVER
# Last Modified: 11-26-2005
#
# This file contains examples of entries that need
# to be incorporated into your Apache web server
# configuration file.  Customize the paths, etc. as
# needed to fit your system.

ScriptAlias /nagios/cgi-bin "/usr/lib/nagios/cgi"

<Directory "/usr/lib/nagios/cgi">
#  SSLRequireSSL
   Options ExecCGI
   AllowOverride None
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
#  Order deny,allow
#  Deny from all
#  Allow from 127.0.0.1
   AuthName "Nagios Access"
   AuthType Basic
   AuthUserFile /etc/nagios/static/htpasswd.users
   Require valid-user
</Directory>

Alias /nagios "/usr/share/nagios"

<Directory "/usr/share/nagios">
#  SSLRequireSSL
   Options None
   AllowOverride None
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
#  Order deny,allow
#  Deny from all
#  Allow from 127.0.0.1
   AuthName "Nagios Access"
   AuthType Basic
   AuthUserFile /etc/nagios/static/htpasswd.users
   Require valid-user
</Directory>

etc etc etc etc