Newbie question about nagios and snmp

Arnau arnaulist at andromeiberica.com
Tue Jun 17 17:29:11 CEST 2008

Hi all,

  I have about 15 servers to monitor, some of them are windows and the
rest run Debian. To do so, I have installed Nagios to send me alarms and
cacti to show graphs and historical data.

  The things I'd like to monitor, for the time being are very basic CPU
usage, disk space, ... To monitor the remote servers I've installed the
snmp daemon.

  In cacti I have everything running, but there is a thing in nagios
that I don't know how to do. I'd like to monitor the available space in
the server partions and not in the disks.

  1.- So I should create a service for each partition and define a
hostgroup? or there is a way to say check all the partitions and shout
if the available space is lower than 10%?

  2.- Is there a way to ask the free disk of / instead of /dev/sda1?

thanks all
--
Arnau