How to monitor windows software raid

Rene Fertig me at renux.de
Tue Jun 17 09:32:56 CEST 2008

Hello Hari.

> Have you checked NagiosExchange.org? I didn't see anything but then I
> didn't look too closely. Otherwise you could just write one. VBS is an
> easy language and universal enough for this. I'd write this in fact, if
> I had any servers poor enough to have windows software raid...

Of cause I've checked NagiosExchange, but there are only plugins for hardware
raids.

I've found a VB script which uses DISKPART
(http://www.anchor.com.au/hosting/dedicated/monitoring_windows_software_raid).
Unfortunately DISKPART didn't work on Windows 2000 (only Win 2000 Pro, Win
2000 server, Win 2003 ...)

But I've got a list of event IDs so I can monitor the event log and do passive
checks - more than nothing...

Greetings,

	Rene

Tipps & Tricks für Linux, MySQL & Webdesign
  -> http://home.telebel.de/~referti/blog/